With the craziness of life these last couple of months I have had less and less time to do free writing (which I love) and so tonight I just want to take a couple of minutes to continue on with my praise to the Lord for another handsome man whom I am so lucky to have in my life. My little man, Liem E :)
Full Name:
Liem Ethan Stark
Relationship to Me:
My oldest son :)
My Favorite Thing About Him:
Hmm, where to start? His whit. As much as I hate it, I love it too. I think the thing I love more is his compassion for others. This is the boy who couldn't kill bugs because he never wanted to kill anything. The one, who at age 7, still wants to snuggle, gives me the best hugs and kisses and sometimes even takes a nap with me :) He is the little boy who gave his heart to Jesus at age 6 and let me be a part of it (I bawled the whole time) because he knew how important it was. Sometimes it makes me sad that I can no longer see the little boy he once was, but the man he is becoming, but with that I have the promise of a wonderful future for him.
My Favorite Memory of Him:
I think my favorite memories of him was when it was just him and I (before Will came along). He got me through so many hard things in life just by being there. Sometimes I think it's silly to say that my 1 1/2 year old was my rock during a time when I couldn't even see the shore, but that's exactly what it was. I would literally count the hours down until I got to see him again...he was my motivation. I got up every day for him...I worked my butt of for him...my whole life at that point was for him...and every single moment was worth it...I am forever grateful for the time that we spent together then and he didn't have to DO anything...just be himself. He made me laugh when I wanted to cry, dance when there was no music, and love when I thought I had nothing left...and Liem continues to do that for me right now...he will forever be "My Little Man".
My Bible Verse for Liem:
I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime – until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.
+Isaiah 46:3-4
Liem's Lyrics:
When you cry be sure to dry your eyes
'Cause better days are sure to come
And when you smile be sure to smile wide
Don't let them know that they have won
And when you walk, walk with pride
Don't show the hurt inside
Because the pain will soon be gone
And when you dream, dream big
As big as the ocean blue
'Cause when you dream it might come true
When you dream, dream big
When you laugh be sure to laugh out loud
'Cause it will carry all your cares away
And when you see, see the beauty all around and in yourself
And it'll help you feel okay
And when you pray, pray for strength
To help you carry on
When the troubles come your way
And when you dream, dream big
As big as the ocean blue
'Cause when you dream it might come true
When you dream, dream big
+Dream Big, Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band
My Wish for Liem:
To know love, true, deep, unconditional love. To continue to be compassionate to those around him. To dive deep into his faith in Jesus Christ and let go of all reservations. To trust those around him. I hope that he understands that some families are different, but that doesn't make it all that bad...it just means more love to go around :)
Odds and Ends:
My sweet, sweet, boy...oh how you are loved so much more than you will ever know! You truly light up my life...every aspect of it! God has given me such a precious, spectacular gift in you...I thank Him always for it! I am SO incredibly proud of the man you are becoming...I love you forever and ALWAYS!!! And remember, NOBODY loves you, precious boy, like your momma :)
No comments:
Post a Comment