Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
taken by Staci Schutt Photography

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Being Thankful...Chapter 1...Killian

Killian is having a rough day today, so I thought I would start with him (that and being the youngest I will be able to remember more since most of it wasn't very long ago...LOL!)

Full Name:
Killian James Prewitt

Relationship to Me:
My youngest son :)

My Favorite Thing About Him:
Killian has such charm!  His personality oozes out of him and you can't help but love him.  I am sure he gets away with more than what he should, but sometimes he looks at you and you cannot help but melt away!  He's headstrong and stubborn, but I was told once that stubborn children were a blessing if they were stubborn for the Lord!  I pray constantly that he grows in his faith and he seems to love being at church and reading his new Bible (which his daddy reads to him every night), I am hoping that person was right!
I also love how loving he is.  He is constantly trying to give me hugs, asking me to hold him or when he sleeps next to me at night, he needs to be touching me.  He loves taking care of people and making sure all of his friends are included in whatever he is doing.  Will once told me that Killian looks exactly like him, but has my heart, which is all I could have ever asked for :)

My Favorite Memory of Him:
There are so many!  As I  look at the pictures on the wall, I can't help but think of a million times that he has jumped off something or ran into something and scared me half to death.  He's a bruiser, that's for sure!  I think one of my favorite memories of him is when he was in the hospital.  I know you are probably all thinking...what the heck?  But when we were there it was just him and I, and although I was scared for him because I didn't know what was wrong, he and I got to spend a lot of Mommy and Me time.  It's been hard since then to spend that much one on one time with either him or Liem.  I remember in the hospital he would wake up each morning and say "I love you Mommy!" or when I would ride him around in the wagon for the millionth time how he would giggle uncontrollably.  Then finally, when they figured out what was wrong and he could walk again, his first steps were to me!  I cried and thanked Jesus for giving the Doctors the knowledge to heal him...and now 2 years later I am happy to say our bond is still that strong :)

Killian's Verse from the Bible:
Everytime I think of you, I give thanks to my God
+Phil 1:3

Killian's Lyrics:
I hope you never look back but you never forget

All the ones who love you and the place you left
I hope you always forgive and you never regret
And you help somebody every chance you get
Oh, you'd find God's grace in every mistake
And always give more than you take
But more than anything, yeah more than anything
My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small

You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there gettin' where you're gettin' to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish
+My Wish by Rascal Flatts

My Wish for Killian:
To know Jesus' true love for him, to grow up wise and strong, to love and be loved in return, to know that whatever happens, wherever he goes, that his dad and I love him more than anything.  To appreciate the world around him, to have atleast one friend in the world that knows him inside and out, to give to those who need and most importantly, to always call his MOTHER!! :)

Odds and Ends:
Killian, my wonderful little boy, I how thankful I am that God gave me you!  You are so passionate about everything, I cannot wait to see where it takes you...I love you the most (I WIN!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment