Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
taken by Staci Schutt Photography

Saturday, July 28, 2012

She does exisist!

I feel like I should be singing the theme song to Welcome Back Cotter.  But, if you know me, you know I probably shouldn't be singing at all...that is, if you enjoy being able to hear. 

I would love to say that my hiatus has been because our family was off doing something miraculous or intriguing or even that I was off being a Super Parent.  But, alas, it was really none of that.  I blame it on my hectic schedule when in all honesty I completely forgot about this blogging thing all together...

This is where I beg for forgiveness and ask you, the reader, to stick with me and that I promise I will write more.  I, again, am going to be completely honest and say that life gets crazy and if I forget about this blog again...well, lets just hope I don't.

I should probably update you on the boys.  Liem is now almost 9 and going to be in 4th grade this year...crazy, I know.  He's turning into this little man on me.  I have been learning so much more about his introvert-ness (if that's even a word) and trying to make his world as comfortable as it can be for him.  I mean, it's got to be hard being an introvert in a family of loud, crazy, extroverts.  He has learned (finally) to swim underwater this year, which is a big deal for him.  At the Baby Food Festival this year he climbed the rock wall almost to the top (which is a HUGE step for him!)
Liem's Rock Wall Awesomeness!

Liem joined a bowling league over the winter and did so well that he qualified for the Pepsi Tournament (which is a state bowling tournament with scholarship opportunities!).  We were SO incredibly proud of him and he did a fantastic job, bowling over his average for all three games! *Side note:  I just checked the postings for the overall results and Liem finished 78-80 out of 190 boys in his age group with a 694 series!!  I am so incredibly proud of him!!
Liem is also very into the WWE (yes, wrestling...*headdesk*), which we support because it's something that he is VERY passionate about.  We sleep, eat and breathe wrestling around here...we watch on Mondays, Fridays and the occasional Sunday PPV.  I can tell you that John Cena was screwed out of the Heavy Weight Championship by CM Punk, who now turned heel...but, I cannot tell you what I did last week.  This is what my life is turned into, but you know what?  I wouldn't change it for the world!  The time I get to spend with Liem is precious and I will do ANYTHING to make sure he knows that he is important to not only me, but to our entire family.

Onto Killian.  He just turned 6 in June and the poor boy is still in 4t clothes.  But, what he lacks in size he makes up for in personality.  I am not quite sure where is dramatic side comes from (*looks around the room and whistles quietly to herself*), but I am hoping it's just a phase and we will get through it.  Killian is our sports kid.  This year was the first year he could sign up for Community Ed sports, and he wanted to do it all.  We settled on wrestling this winter.  Will had all the confidence in the world in Killian when we walked into his first tournament...I was the mother in the corner covering her eyes and pacing the floor because I couldn't handle it (and we don't even want to get started on the nervous poops!).  He did VERY well and placed 2nd overall with a record of 2-1 (recorded TWO pins!).  Killian wants to do it again this year but his goal this time is to make it to State (and yes, his dad is over the moon about the whole thing). 
Killian also did something very special this year.  This was the year that Killian gave his heart to the Lord!  It started with a very innocent conversation about what a Christian was and turned into Killian praying to God and asking to be His "Forever Friend".  Killian woke up that morning just getting ready for school, and walked out the door that morning a Christian.  Talk about "just another day"! 

Oh William.  Have I mentioned how blessed I am to have a husband like him?  He has got to be the hardest worker I have ever met.  He and I have been working on our communication lately and I must say all of the prayer and hard work is paying off!  I know what it now means when people say "I am more in love with you now then when I was when we got married."  Will has been an extra help with the boys while I am at work or running around trying to save the world.  I am so lucky to have him.  He's currently golfing at the Moose State Tournament (a much deserved break!) with Ryan, he seems to be enjoying himself more and not taking life so seriously.  We have been working on his credit and are getting closer and closer to being homeowners again!  As exciting as that is, it's also extremely scary...but with God's grace we will get through it and be better on the other side :)

Hmm, what's left?  Oh, that's right...me.  Well, let's see, I feel like summer is the time where I am running 90 miles an hour backwards...and if you know me, you know I am not a huge fan of running.  The only saving grace is the fact that in three weeks we are off to see my brother Jim down in Missouri :)  I am super psyched to see the base he is working at and I am especially psyched that my dad is coming with us!  I am not sure how the 11+ hour car ride is going to go, but perhaps that can be what my next blog will be about...until next time...

Happy Trails me amigos,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment